PRIMER W2K is a specially designed, two components water borne reactive primer.
- On all kind of masonry surfaces
- Primer for all kind of architectural finish paints
Features & Benefits
- Water thinable primer having excellent bonding with all kind of masonry surfaces
- Can be applied on damp surfaces
- Minimum surface cleaning is needed
- Provides excellent bonding to finish coats with the substrates
- Materials: Two packs reactive system
- Color: Base white
- Mix ratio (base: curing agent): 92:8 (wt/wt)
- Recommended DFT: 20-25 micron/coat
- Pot life: 3 hrs (max) @ 300oC
- Touch dry time: 45-60 min
- Re-coatable time: Min 3-4 hrs (depending on air temperature & humidity)
- Coverage: 80 - 120 sq.ft. Per ltr in two coats
- Cleaning solvent: Water
- Recommended dilution (with water only):
- Brush and roller application: 5-10% by volume
- Spray application: 10-15% by volume
Surface must be free from dirt, grease, oils and any other foreign substances. Any flakes of old paint or powdery residues must be scrapped off and cleaned thoroughly by sanding using an emery paper. Algae and fungus on walls to be removed by high pressure water wash or coir brush and apply Bio-Wash fungicides solution if needed. Fill all cracks with suitable crack filling chemicals before primer application.
Dampen the surface before application of primer, but should not apply on standing or running water. After one coat primer apply suitable putty to remove the undulation on the surface. Once the putty dries sufficiently hard smoothed the surface by sanding with emery paper No. 320. Apply another coat of PRIMER W2K on the sanded surface and allow it to dry for 3-4 hrs. prior to the application of xxx finish coats.
Precautions & limitations:
- Once base is mixed with hardener, paint should be consumed within pot-life.
- Do not apply when concrete surfaces or ambient temperatures are below the dew point.
- Material and the substrate temperature should be above 100C and below 500C before use
- Application on direct sunlight and windy situation may affect the paint performance
Mixing & Application:
Stir the base and hardener separately before mixing them together. Mix hardener gradually into the base container (not the reverse) under continuous stirring. Always mix the full quantity as supplied to avoid improper curing issues.
A suitable power mixer is recommended for uniform mixing of the product. Continue the mixing for 3-5 minutes. Allow induction time of 10 minutes and then thin down to applicable consistency with required quantity of potable water. Mix thoroughly till the components become homogenous. Apply the primer liberally with paintbrush followed by rollers.
Clean all tools and spillage of paint with water immediately after application.
- Storage: Store in cool & dry place. Keep container tightly closed in a secure, upright position. Store in accordance with local regulations.
- Available pack size: 2 & 5 ltr bucket
- Shelf life (when stored as recommended): Min 12 months