PRIMER - XT
Water borne acrylic primer for exterior wall finishes that provides excellent bond between the substrate & finish coat
- On all kind of Exterior surfaces
- Can be used as a primer for plastered wall, asbestos, bricks and concrete
Features & Benefits
- Ease of application
- Excellent coverage
- Fast drying- Quick turnaround time
- Excellent resistant to water and alkali
- Good opacity and whiteness
- Good sealing properties
- Provides excellent bonding to finish coats with the substrates
- Color: Base white
- Recommended dry film thickness: 20-25 micron/coat
- Surface Dry: 30 min
- Recoatable time: Min 4-6 hrs (depending on temperature & humidity)
- Coverage: Approx. 125-150 sq.ft. per liter
- Cleaning solvent: Water
- Recommended dilution (with water only): 60-100%
- No. of coat: Single coat is recommended, but for highly porous surface two coats to be applied to ensure proper sealing and covering.
Method of application
Surface must be free from dirt, grease, oils and any other foreign substances. Any flakes of old paint or powdery residues must be scraped off and cleaned thoroughly by sanding using an emery paper. Algae and fungus on walls to be removed by high-pressure water wash or coir brush and apply Bio-Wash fungicides solution if needed. Fill all cracks, dents, and holes with suitable crack filling chemicals before primer application. New masonry surfaces should allow curing it completely. Recommended curing time for new masonry surfaces is 28 days.
Apply PRIMER - XT on a well-prepared surface and allow it to dry for 3-4 hrs. prior to the application of finish coats.
Stir the primer before application and then thin down to applicable consistency with required quantity of potable water. Mix thoroughly till the components become homogenous. Apply the primer liberally with paint brush followed by rollers.
Clean all tools and spillage of paint with water immediately after application.
Precautions & Limitations: :
- Once base is mixed with hardener, paint should be consumed within pot-life.
- Do not apply when concrete surfaces or ambient temperatures are below the dew point.
- Material and the substrate temperature should be above 10oC and below 50oC before use
- Application on direct sunlight and windy situation may affect the paint performance
- Storage: Store in cool & dry place. Keep container tightly closed in a secure, upright position. Store in accordance with local regulations.
- Available pack size: 1, 5 & 20 ltr bucket
- Shelf life (when stored as recommended): Min 24 months