Silicone Epoxy Hybrid Resin
SE 650AS is specially designed Silicone Epoxy hybrid polymer for high heat resistant (up to 250°C) anti-corrosive coating application.
- Automotive Mufflers
- Ovens & Barbeques
- Industrial Anti-Corrosive Coatings
Benefits & Advantages
- Excellent adhesion at high temperature
- Chemical and solvent resistance
- Excellent heat resistance up to 250oC when formulated with metallic or other specialized pigments
- Color: Pale yellow liquid
- Appearance: Clear to Slight Hazy liquid
- % Non-volatile content: 50±2%
- Specific gravity: 1.04 to 0.03/li>
- Viscosity @ 30oC: @ B4 Ford cup: 25 – 80 Sec
- Epoxy equivalent weight: 800-1000 (on solids)
- Packing: 20 kg and 200 kg drums
- Shelf Life: 12 months in close packed container (Note: contact with tin (e.g. with metal containers) will shorten storage stability. Keep dry. Contact with moisture causes gelation.)
- Can be used as single pack binder for solvent borne Heat Resistant (HR) anticorrosive coatings
- The anti-corrosive performance can be enhanced further by using suitable anti-corrosive pigments
- For two pack system suitable amine hardeners based on the heat resistance requirements to be used
- Using heat stable pigments temperature resistance coatings up to 600oC can be achieved
- Can be applied by brush, rollers, spray, dip-coat etc.
- Minimum dry film thickness (DFT) 20-30 micron.
- Can be diluted with solvents like ether, ketones and ester alcohol
- Limited solubility in aromatic hydrocarbons
- Stoving conditions: 180oC/60 min, 200oC/30 min.
Use proper protective equipment while handling. Contain solvents, use adequate ventilation during use. Avoid direct contact with skin and eyes. In case of contact, wash thoroughly with plenty of water and consult a physician if necessary.