ULTRACORR MASTIC 150
High build surface tolerant anti-corrosive epoxy primer
ULTRACORR MASTIC 150 is two components high build surface tolerant anti-corrosive epoxy primer. This primer specially designed for direct to a metal application (DTA) on manually cleaned (ST2) steel surfaces. ULTRACORR MASTIC 150 forms hard flexible coatings with excellent bonding, abrasion resistant and anti-corrosive performance on metal surfaces. The primer is also compatible with wide range of top coats like epoxy, polyurethane, acrylic, acrylic polysiloxane etc.
- Direct to metal application
- Metal structures and components
- Metal and Engineering industries
- Industrial plants and machineries
- Pipeline and storage tanks
- Recommended for marine, coastal and heavy duty industrial environment
Benefits & Advantages
- Anti-corrosive primer
- High solid and Low VOC
- Required minimum surface preparation
- Excellent toughness and abrasion resistant
- Compatible with wide range of top coats
- Can be applied by brush or airless spray
- Colour: Grey
- Finish: Semi Glossy
- Volume Solid: 80% approximately
- Mixing ratio by volume: 3:1 (Base: Hardener)
- Pot life: 1-2hrs
- Recommended Dry film thickness (DFT): 125-200 micron
- Drying time:
- Touch Dry: 3-4hrs
- Hard Dry: 18-24hrs
- Full cure: 7 days
- Overcoat interval: Minimum 24hrs
- % Dilution: 2-5% max
- Coverage: 4.5-5.0 m2/ltr @150 micron DFT
- Shelf life: 12 months in a close container
- Apply only when temperatures are between 10oC and 50oC
- Remove dirt, grease, oil and other contaminants by solvent wiping
- Remove water-soluble contaminants by fresh water hosing
- Remove blistered or loose rust scale by machine grinding, manually by sand paper or with metal shrapnel’s and steel wire brush
- Use Hand or power tool cleaning to an St 2 or St 3 grade of Swedish specification SIS - 05 - 5900 - 1967
- Avoid polishing the steel surface. Surface should be perfectly clean and dry before applying ULTRACORR MASTIC 150
- Don’t apply materials below dew point and above 50oC.
- Avoid rain during application till the surface is dried.
- Use proper protective equipment while handling.
- Avoid direct contact with skin and eyes. In case of contact wash thoroughly with
plenty of water and Consult physician if necessary
- For proper curing relative humidity should not be lower than 40%.
- Avoid application of excessive film thicknesses
Mixing & Application:
Spacification for Airless Application:
- Stir both base and hardener well before mixing
- Mix ULTRACORR MASTIC 150 Base and Hardener in the mixing ratio of 3:1 by volume
- Leave the mix for 10 minutes for maturation and then use it within recommended time (within 1-2 hrs) at 30oC.
- Application can be done by brushing or airless spray (for airless spray follow the parameter as given below)
- If required, thin down the mixture with maximum 2% to 5% of thinner
- Ensure that the surface imperfections, dents and sharp edges of substrate are properly coated with the primer
- Clean all painting equipment immediately after use with thinner
- If the maximum overcoating interval is exceeded, roughening of the surface is necessary to ensure inter-coat adhesion. Before overcoating after exposure in a contaminated environment, clean the surface thoroughly with high-pressure fresh water hosing and allow drying.
- Airless Spray recommended for uniform and high film build.
- Tip Range: 21 - 26 thou. Total out put
- Fluid Pressure: 2500 – 3625 psi. (176 – 250 kg/sq.cm.)
- Nozzle orifice: 0.017" - 0.023"
- Pot life: 1-2 hours.
- Thinner: As specified