Silicone Epoxyester Hybrid Resin
EF 401 is solvent-borne silicone modified epoxy ester hybrid resin for designing high heat resistance anti-corrosive coatings (upto 450oC).
- Automotive Mufflers
- Ovens & Barbeques
- Industrial Anti-Corrosive Coatings
Benefits & Advantages
- Excellent adhesion at high temperature
- Chemical and solvent resistance
- Excellent heat resistance up to 450oC when formulated with metallic or other specialized pigments
- Color: Pale yellow
- Appearance: Clear to Hazy liquid
- % Non-volatile content: 50±2%
- Specific gravity: 1.05 to 1.15 kg/Litre
- Viscosity @ 27oC: 80-250 cPs
- Epoxy equivalent: > 2000
- Packing: 200 kg in metal drums
- Shelf Life: 12 months in close packed container (Sensitive to moisture)
- Can be used as single pack binder for solvent borne Heat Resistant (HR) anticorrosive coatings
- The anti-corrosive performance can be enhanced further by using suitable anti-corrosive pigments
- For two pack system suitable amine hardeners based on the heat resistance requirements to be used
- Can be applied by brush, rollers, spray, dip-coat etc.
- Minimum dry film thickness (DFT) 20-30 micron.
- Can be diluted with solvents like ether, ketones and ester alcohol
- Limited solubility in aromatic hydrocarbons
- Stoving conditions: 180oC/60 min, 200oC/30 min.
Use proper protective equipment while handling. Contain solvents, use adequate ventilation during use. Avoid direct contact with skin and eyes. In case of contact, wash thoroughly with plenty of water and consult a physician if necessary.