Water repellent nano-coating for building exterior
LOTUS CLEAN is specially designed waterborne architectural façade paint with extremely high water repellents where water drops roll off the paint surface and carry along with it the dirt accumulated on the surface giving a clean and neat look every time. This is a bio-mimicked technology inspired by nature resembling lotus leaves.
Features, benefits & areas of application
- All kind of exterior masonry walls
- Water-borne single pack paint with self-cleaning ability
- Super-hydrophobic surface with easy water roll-off
- Re-coatable with any paint
- Excellent water and alkali resistance
- High dirt pick-up resistance(DPUR)
- Excellent crack-bridging property
- Excellent efflorescence resistance
- Excellent protection against alga, fungi and microbial attack
- Materials: Water borne 100% special acrylic emulsion paint
- Color: Available in all shades
- Recommended dry film thickness: 30-50 micron/coat
- Touch dry time: 15-25 min
- Re-coatable time: Min 3 hrs (depending on air temperature & humidity)
- Finish: Semi glossy
- Coverage: Approx 60 - 80sq.ft. per litre in two coats
- Cleaning solvent: Water
- Recommended dilution (with water only):
- Brush and roller application: 10-20% by volume
- Spray application: 15-25% by volume
Surface must be free from dirt, grease, oils and any other foreign substances. Any flakes of old paint or powdery residues must be scrapped off and cleaned thoroughly by sanding using an emery paper. Algae and fungus on walls to be removed by high pressure water wash or coir brush and apply Bio-Wash fungicidal solution if needed. Fill cracks with suitable crack filling chemicals and allow the surface to dry completely prior to start the painting job.
Apply primer on well-prepared surface and allow it to dry for 3-4 hrs prior to the application of Lotus-clean finish coats.
Clean all tools and spillage of paint with water immediately after application.
Stir the paint before application and then thin down to applicable consistency with required quantity of potable water. Mix thoroughly till the components become homogenous. Apply the paint liberally with paint brush followed by rollers. Apply 2-3 coats of Lotus clean to achieve the desire opacity as well as finish depending on the shades. Provide 4-5 hrs drying interval in between the coats.
Precautions & limitations:
- Do not apply when concrete surfaces or ambient temperatures are below the dew point.
- Material and the substrate temperature should be above 100C and below 500C before use
- Application on direct sunlight and windy situation may affect the paint performance
- Storage: Store in cool & dry place. Keep container tightly closed in a secure, upright position. Store in accordance with local regulations.
- Product Shelf life: Min 36 months
- Available pack size: 2 & 20 ltr