ROOF PROTEK WPM
Abrasion and weather resistance waterproof membrane for roof
ROOF PROTEK WPM is waterborne two-pack modified polyurethane (PU) coating designed to meet abrasion and weather resistance waterproof membrane for roofing application. Once cured it forms a hard flexible coating, which provides an excellent scratch resistant and resistant to light foot traffic and regular cleaning activity.
Features and areas of application
- Water-borne highly cross-linked waterproof membrane
- Room temperature cure
- Hard & flexible membrane
- UV resistant
- Highly abrasion resistant
- Washable and resistant to all commercial cleaning agents
- No fungus, algae, mildews growth on the cured paint film
- Long performance life
- Can be applied on interior and exterior walls, metals and wooden surfaces
- Specific gravity (Component A ): 1.31± 0.03
- Specific gravity (Component B ): 1.15± 0.03
- Drying time:
- Touch dry: 3 to 4 hrs
- Hard dry: Overnight
- Over coating interval: 8-10 hrs
- Mixing Ratio by Volume: 4.2:1 by V/V (Component A: Component B)
- Pot- life: 1.5-2.0 hours. @ 30oC
- Dry film thickness: 100-150 microns in 2-3 coats
- Coverage: 50 sq.ft / Litre in 2 coats
- Cleaning solvent: Water
- Recommended dilution (with water only):
- Brush and roller application: 10-15% by volume
- Spray application: 15-20% by volume
Surface Preparation for Concrete Roof:
Surface must be free from dirt, grease, oils and any other foreign substances. Any flakes of old paint or powdery residues must be scraped off and cleaned thoroughly by sanding using an emery paper. Algae and fungus on walls to be removed by high-pressure water wash or coir brush and apply Bio-Wash fungicides solution if needed. Fill cracks with suitable crack filling chemicals and give the perfect slope with micro concrete or polymer modified mortars. Allow proper drying and curing of the repair mortars. Apply suitable primer (PRIMER 2K) on a well-prepared surface prior to application of ROOF PROTEK WPM.
- Once base is mixed with hardener, paint should be consumed within pot-life.
- Do not apply when substrate surfaces or ambient temperatures are below the dew point.
- Material and the substrate temperature should be above 10°C and below 50°C before use
- Application on direct sunlight and windy situation may affect the paint performance Cleaning
- Clean all tools and spillage of paint with water immediately after application.
Mixing & Application:
Stir the base and hardener parts separately before mixing them together. Mix hardener gradually into the base container (not the reverse) under continuous stirring. Always mix the full measure as supplied to avoid improper curing issues. A suitable power mixer is recommended for uniform mixing of the product. Continue the mixing for 3-5 minutes.
Allow induction time of 15-20 minutes and then thin down to applicable consistency with required quantity of solvent. Mix thoroughly till the components become homogenous.
Mixed paint can be applied by a paintbrush, roller or spray. Apply 2-3 coats ROOF PROTEK WPM to meet the desired finish, depending on the shades. Provide min 8-10 hrs. drying interval between the coats.
- Storage: Store in cool & dry place. Keep container tightly closed in a secure, upright position. Store in accordance with local regulations.
- Available pack size: 20 Kg
- Shelf life (when stored as recommended): Min 36 months