Silicon Polyester Hybrid Resin
SP 315 is a modified Silicone Polyester hybrid polymer used in non-stick cookware coating. Due to Non-yellowing properties at high heat and sunlight exposures, SP 315 is recommended as a binder for cookware, domestic electrical appliances, and coil coating formulations.
- Bake ware
- Electrical domestic appliances
- Agricultural, industrial, and pre-engineered metal building components and systems
- Can be used for primer and top coats
Benefits & Advantages
- High Gloss
- Excellent Flexibility
- Heat resistant
- Resistant to chemicals and sunlight
- Color: Pale yellow
- Appearance: Clear to Hazy liquid
- % Non-volatile content: 60±2
- Solvent: Methoxypropylacetate
- Specific gravity: 1.10
- Viscosity @ 27oC: 1600-1900 cPs
- Packing: 200 kg in metal drums
- Shelf Life: 12 months in close packed container (Sensitive to moisture)
- Using heat stable pigments temperature resistance coatings up to 220oC can be achieved
- Can be applied by brush, rollers, spray, dip-coat etc.
- Can be diluted with solvents like ether, ketones and ester alcohol
- Limited miscibility with aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Minimum dry film thickness (DFT) 20-30 micron
- Stoving conditions: 250oC/15 min
Use proper protective equipment while handling. Contain solvents, use adequate ventilation during use. Avoid direct contact with skin and eyes. In case of contact, wash thoroughly with plenty of water and consult a physician if necessary.