UltraCorr ACX 4000
Direct to metal anti-corrosive nano-coating
ULTRACORR ACX-4000 is a specially designed room temperature cured two component organic-inorganic hybrid materials having well-combined properties of nanosize inorganic particles and sub-micron size metallic pigments dispersed in hybrid polymeric binders to offer an inhibiting as well as sacrificial protection of metals against corrosion. The coating on cross-linking produces a mechanically robust tough film with excellent anti-corrosive properties. This coating has also excellent chemical resistant properties.
- Direct to metal application (Galvanized Steel. Phosphate steel. Carbon steel, Copper, Aluminium)
- Heat Exchanger and cooling units
- Copper U tubes
- Metal structures and components
- Industrial plants and machineries
Benefits & Advantages
- Thin film direct to metal application
- Provides excellent anti-corrosion performance in any harsh environment
- Provides sacrificial and barrier protection
- Excellent adhesion and film hardness
- Dissipates heat o Excellent adhesion and flexibility
- Excellent heat and weather resistance
- High abrasion resistance
- Good resistance against chemicals, acids and alkaline cleaners
- Easy to apply by brush, roller, conventional or airless spray
- Can be applied at both industry or at site
- Easy to use at shop floor
- Appearance: Smooth and uniform
- Finish: Smooth and matt to egg shell flat
- Pot life: 3-4 hrs
- Recommended Dry film thickness: 10-25 micron
- Drying time:
- Touch Dry: 1-2 hrs
- Hard Dry: 12 hrs
- Coverage: 80-120 sq.ft/ltr
- Shelf life: 6 months in closed container
Mixing ratio by volume
- Apply only when temperatures are between 10oC and 50oC.
- Remove dirt, grease, oil and other contaminants.
- Remove blistered or loose rust scale by machine grinding, manually by sand paper or with metal shrapnel’s and steel wire brush.
- Stir the component A and component B parts separately before mix them together
- Mix hardener gradually into the base container (not the reverse) under continuous stirring.
- Always mix the full quantity as supplied to avoid improper curing issues.
- Continue the mixing for 3-5 minutes. Allow induction time of 15-20 minutes and then thin down to applicable consistency with required quantity of thinner.
- Mix thoroughly till the components become homogenous.
- Can be applied with brush, roller, conventional air assisted or airless spray.
- Clean all painting equipment immediately after use with thinner.
- Don’t apply materials below dew point and above 50oC.
- Avoid rain during application till the surface is dried.
- Use proper protective equipment while handling.
- Avoid direct contact with skin and eyes. In case of contact wash thoroughly with plenty of water and Consult physician if necessary